How to Enable Two-Step Verification (also known as Two-Factor Authentication) in Onna
Two-Step Verification (aka Two-Factor Authentication, Multi-factor Authentication, etc) is the process of providing two or more pieces of evidence of authentication before being granted access to a software, account. computer, etc.
Regardless of your user type in Onna, you have the option to enable two-Step verification for an extra layer of security when logging into your account. To enable two-step verification, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Onna account.
- Click on your initials towards the top right-hand corner.
- Click User Preferences.
- Expand Account preferences.
- Turn on Two-Step Verification.
- Enter your password
- Enter a security key from a supported authenticator app
In order to enable two-step verification in Onna, you'll need to download a supported authenticator app. Authenticator apps will provide you with a unique security code in order to login to Onna.
Below are a list of supported authenticator apps:
- Google Authenticator (for Android and iPhone)
- Duo Mobile (for Android and iPhone)
- Authenticator (for Windows Phone 7)
- Okta (for Android and iPhone)
Once you've downloaded an app, you can use that app to scan the barcode, click next, and enter the key it provides.
- Copy, paste and save your list of backup keys
The following step will display a list of backup keys. Backup keys can be used in the event that you don’t have access to your authenticator app. Make sure to copy, paste, and save the keys for future use.
- Click done
That's it! Going forward, enter the key that your authenticator app provides (or a backup key if need be) when the Onna two-step verification prompt appears at login.
How to Disable Two-Step Verification in Onna
If you have enabled two-step verification in your Onna account and wish to disable it, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Onna account
- Click on your Initials on the right hand side
- Click User Preferences
- Turn off two-step verification
- Enter your password and you’ll be taken back to your homepage.
- You’re done! Two-step verification will be disabled. Going forward, all you’ll need is your password to login to Onna.