Zoom is a cloud platform application for video, audio, sharing content, and chats. Onna connects directly with the API to collect all information in native format from company Zoom accounts and/or specific user accounts.
Onna collects the following data from Zoom, available on your account
- In Meeting Chat
- Audio Recordings of meetings
- Video Recordings of meetings
- Transcripts of meetings (only available from Zoom business accounts)
Account Permission Needed
To start a collection, you'll need an Admin account for Zoom with the following permissions:
- View all user meetings
- View and manage all user recordings
- View all user roles
- View all user information
Onna Sync Modes
Onna currently supports three syncing modes - one-time, auto-sync, & auto-sync, and archive.
- One-time sync: Onna will perform one-time sync that collects information from the source only once during a specified time range or up until the date the source was added.
- Auto-Sync: Onna will perform a full sync first and will keep the data source and Onna in a mirrored sync
- Auto-Sync and Archive: Onna will perform full sync and archive the information collected. Onna will then automatically sync and archive any new information after the initial sync
Click on "Add source" and select Zoom.
First, name your source. This is the source's title on the Onna platform. A common convention is to name it after the company or account individual.
Then you can choose the sync mode - whether One-time sync, Auto-sync, or Auto-sync & archive.
Once you've named your source and added dates if needed, click 'Connect.'
Onna uses OAuth to connect to Zoom accounts. Below is the two-step process you have to take to authorize Onna to collect from the account.
First, you'll have to add user credentials and give permissions to Onna to access the account
Then you'll be asked to grant Onna access.
You will then have the option to select users from the Select people option as well as the ability to sync Future content, which is selected by default.
Afterward, you'll see a list of the type of data to sync. You can choose any combination of options, Chat during the meeting, Audio, Video, and Transcript (Only available for zoom business plan accounts).
Once you click Finish your data will begin to sync.
The Zoom account will be listed in your Sources.
Remove OAuth Authorization
To remove authorization to Onna you may delete the source in Onna. You can also uninstall the app from your Zoom account. Deauthorization will remove Onna's access to your Zoom account and any syncing data. Uninstalling the app will also send a request that will delete your Zoom data in Onna.
To do these steps first Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
Now select Manage in the upper right-hand corner.
Go to your Dashboard on the left-hand side and select Installed Apps.
And locate Onna then select uninstall.
Accessing audit logs
Learn how to see the source's collection audit logs in this article.
Zoom Account Role Privileges Required for Onna
For the full list of Zoom account privileges required for Onna, you can check here.
Limitations from Zoom:
- Only cloud recordings (audio and video) are available for collection
- Chats that occur during a meeting are only available if the meeting is recorded (to the cloud)
- Files that are shared in a chat session during a meeting cannot be collected
- Recordings for meetings with only one participant cannot be collected
- Onna can collect chats from Zoom meetings only and not accounts that use the IM feature outside of meetings.
- Onna does not collect information from Zoom SMS out of Zoom phone
- Webinars, polls, and messaging in channels / direct messages are not collected
- Meetings started by selecting "HOST A MEETING” are not collected