Zoom is a cloud platform application for video, audio, sharing content, and chats. Onna connects directly with the API to collect all information in native format from company Zoom accounts and/or specific user accounts.
Onna collects the following data from Zoom, available on your account
- Chat Discussions
- Audio Recordings
- Video Recordings
Account Permission Needed
To start a collection, you'll need an Admin account for Zoom with the following permissions:
- View and manage sub accounts
- View account information
- View and manage account information
- View all users' contacts
- View and manage sub account's groups
- View groups
- View all users' history and channels
- Send a chat message to a Zoom Chat user or channel on behalf of a Chatbot
- Get Zoom Chat contact information of all users
- View and manage sub account's IM Groups
- View IM Group information
- View and manage sub account's user meetings
- View all user meetings
- View and manage sub account's user recordings
- View all user recordings
- View and manage all user recordings
- View and manage sub account user roles
- View all user roles
- View and manage sub account's Zoom Rooms information
- View all users' Zoom Rooms information
- View and manage sub account's user information
- View all user information
- View and manage sub account's user webinars
- View all user webinars
Onna Sync Modes
Onna currently support three syncing modes - one-time, auto-sync, & auto-sync and archive.
- One-time sync: Onna will perform a one-time sync that collects information from the source only once during a specified time range or up until the date the source was added.
- Auto-Sync: Onna will perform a full sync first and will keep the data source and Onna in a mirrored sync
- Auto-Sync and Archive: Onna will perform a full sync and archive the information collected. Onna will then automatically sync and archive any new information after the initial sync
How to Guide
Click on "Add source" and select Zoom.
First, name your source. This is the source's title on the Onna platform. A common convention is to name it after the company or account individual.
Then you can choose the sync mode - whether One-time sync, Auto-sync, or Auto-sync & archive.
Once you've named your source and added dates if needed, click 'Connect.'
Onna uses OAuth to connect to Zoom accounts. Below is the two-step process you have to take to authorize Onna to collect from the account.
First, you'll have to add user credentials and give permissions to Onna to access the account
Then you'll be asked to grant Onna access
You will then have the option to select users from the Select people option as well as the ability to sync Future content, which is selected by default.
Afterward, you'll see a list of the type of data to sync. You can choose any combination of options, Chat during meeting, Audio, Video, and Transcript (Only available for zoom business plan accounts).
Once you click Finish your data will begin to sync.
The Zoom account will be listed in your Sources.
Remove OAuth Authorization
To remove authorization to Onna you may delete the source in Onna. You can also uninstall the app from your Zoom account. Deauthorization will remove Onna's access to your Zoom account and any syncing data. Uninstalling the app will also send a request that will delete your Zoom data in Onna.
To do these steps first Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace.
Now select Manage in the upper right-hand corner.
Go to your Dashboard on the left-hand side and select Installed Apps.
And locate Onna then select uninstall.
Accessing audit logs
Learn how to see the source's collection audit logs in this article.